[Asterisk-Users] Line death not recognized on TDM400P?

Christian Victor christian at victormedia.de
Wed Sep 1 18:00:00 MST 2004

matt.riddell at sineapps.com schrieb:

>So basically if there is a problem with line 1 out of 12, no calls
>are going to get through...surely this isn't expected behaviour.

What about putting all the channels in a group (1 for example) and use
Zap/r1/number to dial. This wil use round robin to pick a different
channel on every dial attempt.

So if there is a dead line some calls will miss but with 12 lines 11/12
of all calls will go through.

>I spoke to a few people on IRC last night who confirmed that this is
>the case.  It seems crazy.  If I send a fax using a fax machine it
>works, if I dial a number with a modem it works (even a $5 modem) so
>why can't it work in asterisk?  It used to work on the X100P's...
>
>I just want the card not to dial if there is no dialtone...

Maybe you could use BackgroundDetect as a workaround to check if the
line is responding after dialing.

Christian