[Asterisk-Users] Rebooting Linux / Asterisk

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Sep 1 10:47:22 MST 2004

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 13:41, San Singhania wrote:
> 1.How can I load asterisk automatically in Linux each time the machine
> boots up (like autoexec.bat in windows) 2.how I can shut down and restart
> asterisk automatically every night?

I use this:

su - root -c '/usr/bin/screen -d -m /usr/sbin/asterisk -g'

This puts asterisk in a screen session and allows it to receive remote
requests (asterisk -r)

the su root is required so that the screen session shows up in root's screen
list.

Why would you want to shut down and restart asterisk every night?

-A.