[Asterisk-Users] confusing info fromDigium andasteriskdoc aboutsetup of TDM11B

Jim Van Meggelen jim at digitalchemy.ca
Sun Oct 31 18:49:25 MST 2004

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Thanks, I'm hoping the result of the grief I'm going through
> will be a
> well documented process  :-)

We're getting there. :-)

> Here is exactly where I'm at:
[snip]
> fxoks=1 # FXS(green) module in slot 1
> fxsks=4 # FXO (red) module in slot 4
> defaultzone=us
> loadzone=us

Good so far.

> # modprobe zaptel
> # modprobe wcfxs
> displays on console:
>    Freshmaker version: 71
>    Freshmaker passed register test
>    Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
>    Module 1: Not Installed
>    Module 2: Not Installed
>    Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
>    Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F (4 modules)

PERECT!

> # cat /proc/interrupts
>   10:      38451          XT-PIC  wctdm

Good. It's got its own interrupt (not critical to get it working, but
good for performance).

> # /sbin/ztcfg -vv
> Zaptel Configuration
> Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
> Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)
> 2 channels configured.

Flawless.

> Is this completely correct so far?  It's been suggested that
> I might need "modprobe wcfxo" also, but if I do that I get:

That's only if you have an X100P

> # modprobe wcfxo

Not required.

> Is this a problem?

Nope.

> Also, at exactly what point should I get a dialtone on the
> analog phone connected to the FXS (green) module?

You won't get dialtone until Asterisk is running.

Did you read ALL of my reply? I gave some examples of all the files you
should need to get your dev kit running.

Tell me what happens when you implement the zapata.conf and
extensions.conf samples I sent.

Good luck.

Jim