[Asterisk-Users] Cannot start asterisk - CAPI issues

Jean-Michel Hiver hiver.j at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 31 08:15:25 MST 2004

Thanks for the tip! I'm still having a couple of quirks though...

>Adjust devices= with the number of B channels supported by your card. For
>ISDN BRI, it's 2, for PRI, it's 30.

Okay, I did that but then I had the exact error you describe below...

>You need a kernel support for you card and you also need to load a firmware
>for some cards.
>If you have a message like "CAPI not installed!", check your kernel.

Well I do get that message, but I can modprobe capi, see it with lsmod
and also see /dev/isdn and /dev/capi20 - so I *assume* the eicon diva
card is sort-of-recognized (not sure though... I have zero experience
with ISDN cards...)

I use the linux 2.6.7 kernel which came with the knoppix distro I've
installed on the box. I have checked with make xconfig and the options
for isdn support and capi support all seem to be there OK.

Thanks to the list I have managed to compile asterisk from CVS head
yesterday and my current target is to be able to pick up the sip phone,
dial an extension and hear a little music. Very little ambitions for now :-)

Anyway, any ideas on what might be wrong with this capi stuff? I suppose
I could try and chuck the isdn card but I'll need it later...

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.