[Asterisk-Users] Cannot start asterisk - CAPI issues

Carl Sempla cas at accld.com
Sun Oct 31 07:24:21 MST 2004

> "chan_capi.c:2603 load_module: Unable to load config capi.conf"

You need to create this file /etc/asterisk/capi.conf
with the following content :
[general]
nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00

[interfaces]

msn=50
incomingmsn=*
controller=1
softdtmf=0
accountcode=
context=incoming
;echosquelch=1
echocancel=no
;echotail=64
;callgroup=1
;deflect=12345678
devices=30

Adjust devices= with the number of B channels supported by your card. For
ISDN BRI, it's 2, for PRI, it's 30.

> Now I *do* have some kind of ISDN card in the box which I have not
> worried about yet (Eicon Diva 2.01 S/T PCI according to lspci) and I
> understand that CAPI has something to do with ISDN, but I have no clue
> as why asterisk doesn't start...

You need a kernel support for you card and you also need to load a firmware
for some cards.
If you have a message like "CAPI not installed!", check your kernel.