[Asterisk-Users] G.711alaw to iLBC

Garry Taylor garry at steelclaws.net
Sun Oct 31 02:45:29 MST 2004

Hi All,
I was doing some testing between on extension running SIP at G.711alaw and
an IAX extension runing iLBC (also GSM) and found that the voice from the
IAX user has a lot of packet loss (very bad voice quality) toward the SIP
phone only. From SIP phone to IAX, voice quality is fine. SIP phone is local
to * and IAX phone is remote to asterisk. Anyone have any ideas? Could this
be a jitter problem, I am not using a jitter buffer in the iax.conf. If I
test with two IAX phones both running iLBC the voice quality is fine in both
directions.

Regards
Garry Taylor