[Asterisk-Users] How far is IAX to be a Standard

Sat Oct 30 14:48:04 MST 2004

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:37:35 -0600, Voip Business
<voipbusiness at gmail.com> wrote:

> How far is IAX to be a Industry Standard I mean like SIP or H.323

Frank Miller, the author of the IAX specification document is doing
further work on the specification with the intend to eventually submit
to the IETF. He has been on other such IETF projects, so he know what
he's doing, he's the right man for the job. However, we all know the
realities of life, there are the things we would love to do, and there
is the bread and butter business that takes up all of our time,
leaving only very little time for the things we'd love to do.

Frank, too is a busy man and therefore, please don't bother him about
deadlines. If anybody wanted to speed this up I presume a sponsorship
would be the kind of thing that could free up his time and thereby
make it possible for him to spend more time on the draft.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.