[Asterisk-Users] Latency/delay on IN1002 - PA1688 phone

Chris Armour chris.armour at sympatico.ca
Sat Oct 30 08:51:14 MST 2004

Hello,

I have just bought an IN1002 phone from Integrated Networks in Chine ( www.integratednetworks.com.cn). This phone is based on the 50 MHz PA1688 processor like many others and I find I have quite a lot of delay/latency/echo with the phone when using SIP. I have noticed this when directly connecting to my SIP provider (SIPPhone), which could be their network, but I also find the same thing when I am just using my mini-Asterisk system without going out to my SIP provider. I am not seeing the same degree of delay with my IAX softphone, so I am thinking that the problem is the IN1002.

Does anyone have any ideas? The web configuration page for the phone has IAX as a protocol, but the folks at Integrated Networks tell me this has not been fully implemented yet. I did find that running Asterisk with the "-p" startup option helps somewhat.

Have others found other cheap SIP/IAX hard-phones that behave better is this a systemic problem with the PA1688 phones?

Thanks,

Chris