[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with Nortel BCM

Leo Ann Boon leo at innovax.com.sg
Fri Oct 29 17:51:30 MST 2004

>We don't have to use Nortel's BCM, it is one of the option we're considering
>(not sure if it is still in the game now). I will ask this way, what
>commerical fullvoip PBX you will recommend? Unfortunatelly I can't use
>asterisk for this central point, but I can (and will) use asterisk on
>satellites offices.
>
>Can you please give some hints what vendors/makers I should not forget? 3com
>looks promising...

You might want to consider the Alcatel OmniPCX Office (not Enterprise).
It's pretty cheap - at least on my side of the world. It's a native
IP-PBX that scales to 200 users. For a small PBX, it packs a lot of
punch including CSTA Phase 2 for CTI.

According to someone at Alcatel, the OmniPCX series can interface with
other IP PBX through H.323 or SIP. Been thinking about it but no time to
explore that. Maybe you can check with your local Alcatel reseller.

FYI.