[Asterisk-Users] "Hiss" on Line, No ringing thru VoicePulse?

Scott Sharkey ssharkey at linuxunlimited.com
Fri Oct 29 10:59:05 MST 2004

Hi All,

Relatively new to *, but I've got it basically working.  I'm having a
bit of trouble and need a pointer on where to start.  I have a TDM400P
with one FXS and one FXO (Developer's kit), and also am using IAXComm on
a PC with a headset and an Intel 810 sound card.  Calls from the headset
to a number via VoicePulse work, but there is a relatively loud hiss in
the background.  I'm assuming the mike is too sensitive, maybe, but
couldn't find a way to adjust it anywhere in IAXComm.  IAXComm does
allow the speaker volume to be adjusted, and I need it almost all the
way to the top to hear anything.

Second part: When I dial from an analog phone attached to the TDM400P,
it seems to work just fine through VoicePulse, but I'm getting no
ring indications.  There is some faint background noise, but not as
noticable as the hiss above.  I believe that I have echo suppression
turned on for the FXS/FXO ports, but no idea why I'm not getting
ring indications.

-Scott