[Asterisk-Users] AddQueueMember and call distribution

Jeremy Rusnak jrusnak at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 10:19:33 MST 2004

Sean,

We're in the same boat.  What I have ended up doing was to use the
roundrobin strategy.  Round robin will ring each queue member one
after the other in a loop until someone answers.

It still doesn't address the issue with auto-logout.  I have been
toying with the idea of making a custom screen saver for our support
people's computers.  This screen saver would make a web call to our
asterisk box, and then remove them from the queue via the command
line.  It could log them back end when the screen saver ends, as well.
 (Kind of like ICQ, YIM, etc show you as IDLE).

For the time being, we have been really reinforcing logging out with
our staff.  Another thing that we do is have a cron job on the
asterisk box that logs everyone out at the end of the day...We did
this after a couple times where agents left themselves logged in,
leading to the potential for customers sitting in our queue all night!

Jeremy