[Asterisk-Users] question about asterisk

Thu Oct 28 20:23:06 MST 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:05:03 -0600, Olger Merlos Valverde
<olgerm at ekstromcostarica.com> wrote:
> I have two office of construction: office_1 and office_2
>
> I want connect the two offices by dedicated line, and connect the two analog PBX
> of this offices and transfer VoIP between two offices.
>
> Ok one time that of two offices connected, I want install of telephone IP on
> both office and CALL. And I want call from office_1 to office_2 and office_2
> switch this call to PBX for talk with mi house.
>
> For this situations what CARDS I need? but I see too many CARDS from digium :)
> and I a newbie on this.

at minimum you will need one card: Wildcard X100P ...

[IPphone-Office1]

SIP/LAN

[Aterisk-Office1]

IAX/WAN

[Asterisk-Office2]---[Wildcard-X100P]---analog---[PBX-Office2]-->PSTN

SIP/LAN

[IPphone-Office2]

SIP IP phones are configured in /etc/asterisk/sip.conf
Wildcard X100P card is configured in /etc/zaptel.conf and
/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
IAX link between two Asterisk servers is configured in /etc/asterisk/iax.conf

Also relevant: /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf for dialplan

use all of the above (sip.conf, iax.conf, etc etc) as keywords for
search at http://www.voip-info.org for details.

rgds
benjk
Tokyo, Japan.