[Asterisk-Users] Analog answering machine hangs up early

Jeff Rizzo riz+asterisk at boogers.sf.ca.us
Thu Oct 28 17:11:59 MST 2004

So, I've got an analog fax/answering machine connected to an FXS port on
a TDM400p card, and everything is fine as long as I answer the phone
manually.  If, however, I let the answering machine pick it up, it hangs
up a few seconds into playing the greeting.

Don't ask why I want to use this analog machine instead of the voicemail
app- it's a long and dull story.  But I can't figure out why it's
hanging up... any thoughts?

Thanks,
+j