[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P hardware problems

Cirelle Enterprises gcirino at cirelle.com
Thu Oct 28 08:50:30 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bartosz Jozwiak" <bartek at cq-link.sr>
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 11:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] TDM400P hardware problems

| |
| | I am using TDM400P card for about 4 months right now with
| | 4 FXO modules.
| | During this 4 months of use I needed to shutdown server (power off)
| becuase
| | the card just stopped working.
| | The card did not picked up calls, on console there is nothing.
| | Shutting down asterisk does not help or loding drivers again.
| | The server has to be powerd off and then turned on again.
| |
| | Could it be hardware (TDM400P) problem ?
| | Did somebody notice the same problems ?
| |
| | Bartosz
| | _______________________________________________
|
| I was just going to ask if this has been fixed yet....
|
| I have the exact same card, hasn't worked properly yet (with
| respect to the reboot situation).
|
| the same behaviour happens with zaptel channels configured or not
|
| what version of the zaptel drivers are you using?
| Greg

| I have just installed Asterisk and Zaptel 1.0.2
| So I will see if this helps.
| Sometimes I even here "clicking" noise and I need to power off server
| then everything goes back to normal. My server is Dell.
|
| Bartosz

This is what I get just trying to modprobe wcfxo

/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2199.nptlcustom/misc/wcfxo.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2199.nptlcustom/misc/wcfxo.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2199.nptlcustom/misc/wcfxo.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2199.nptlcustom/misc/wcfxo.o: insmod wcfxo failed

It appears the card does not release it's IO unless it is powered down,  we are using a P4SPA+ board

Greg