[Asterisk-Users] WRT54GS zaptel timing device

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Thu Oct 28 08:01:02 MST 2004

Steve Underwood wrote:
> Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>>     I know that I can run Asterisk on the Linksys WRT54GS, but can I
>> do Zaptel as well?  I would really like a timing device so I can do
>> IAX2 trunking - but I don't know how to go about it.  Has anyone done
>> this?
>>
> You *know* it can? Does that mean you've actually seen it work? A number
> of people have said it can run, but after questioning it turns out to be
> hearsay.
>
> You can replace the Linksys image with one of serveral. You can build
> Asterisk with the tools. You can load that image into the Linksys box.
> You can run it. Then you seem to get stuck, because something fouls up
> in the threading and nothing works.
>
> Anyone who can post a real way to get Asterisk running on these Linksys
> boxes will be considered a hero :-)
>
> Steve

Steve,

	My application for Asterisk on the WRT is for remote offices where you
could have SIP phones register with Asterisk on the WRT, and it would do
IAX2 trunking back to the "main" Asterisk machine.

No voicemail, meetme, transcoding, cdr, etc.  Just a few modules.  But I
need Zaptel and I timer even for this limited application (IAX2 trunking).

--
Kristian Kielhofner