[Asterisk-Users] No dial tone from fxs port

HengWee Chin chinhw at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 27 21:07:07 MST 2004

Hi,

  I am having problem with the fxs port. I have compiled the zaptel, zapata
and asterisk version 1.0.1. But after I start asterisk, I do not hear any
dial tone coming on the fxs port. I am not able to dial out too. But the
funny thing is that I am able dial to the fxs port. The phone ring in one
continous ringing tone with no cadence. Usually asterisk will shows that the
phone is offhook if I set the verbose is set to 5. But in this version of
asterisk, there do not seems to be any detection at all.

I have had experience in setting up an asterisk and have one that is already
running. I do not have any problem that machine. Anyone of any idea why I
have this problem.

Thanks,
Chin