[Asterisk-Users] test telephone numbers

Andrew Thompson asteriskuser at aktzero.com
Thu Oct 28 06:42:49 MST 2004

Paul Rodan wrote:
> Yeah, I'd definitely be interested in that list too.
>
> I thought I was one of the only "find the right carrier" game. Sometimes
> customers can't place calls or have quality issues to certain countries,
> sometimes even certain Area codes within the U.S, so I then "route" those
> calls through NuFone/LookieLoo/VoicePulse/1 of our 6 Voice T1/PRI's,
> whichever works best.

A place I used to work was an inbound call center. The owner would get
up every morning at 5 or so and dial every one of the toll free numbers
to make sure they were all still working. If any of them failed, the
lady that maintained the phone system would be the next person called.
That was never a happy phone call...

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/