[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk - Store and Forward Configuration with re-recording some part

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Wed Oct 27 13:46:16 MST 2004

On top of what I have posted yesterday about my need to use Asterisk as
a Store and Forward Voicemail server, I have to provide the following
feature to my customer, who wants to save their voicemail message.

1) begin the the message when we hit a key like # Key
2) pause the message when he hits a a Key like Number 9 Key
3) re-start recording when he hits 9 again
4) Go backwards in the message to overwrite some of the message for
correction by hitting 1.
5) Go forward to the end of the message by hitting 0 after correction so
that the message is contiguous.
6) Save the message finally by hitting # key again

Is this possible with Asterik's current Voicemail feature.

Seshu Kanuri