[Asterisk-Users] [OT] How trustworthy is Yoda Communications in Taiwan?

Wed Oct 27 11:28:50 MST 2004

Has anybody had any dealings with Yoda Communications in Taiwan?

I am asking because we are at a crossroads with them. We had agreement
that they would ship us a free sample of their 4 port FXO gateway,
that we would carry out testing on the Japanese PSTN and various other
connectivity scenarios common in Japan, that we would furnish a report
of our findings free of charge to them and ship the unit back within
two weeks. This was confirmed by fax.

Now, they say that their fincance people are not happy with the
agreement and that we should pay them the retail price of the device
and they would refund the money later.

On the one hand, their device is tempting because they said they
delivered some of those boxes a year ago to a major Japanese brand,
"Buffalo", which means there is reason to believe the device may work
here.

On the other hand, I am puzzled by their attitude, trying to back out
of an agreement, basically breaking their word, which in Japan is a
real no-go. When I called Buffalo about those OEM Yoda gateways, they
said they don't know anything about it. Did Yoda do something to upset
Buffalo and as a result the relationship did not continue?

Can we trust those Yoda guys? Are they just trying to sell us
something, then break their word again not refunding the money? Or do
they have a hidden agenda, trying to back away because I told them we
will also test interoperability with Asterisk? [they have their own GK
based softswitch]

So, if anybody could comment on their experience with Yoda, good or
bad, hostility against Asterisk or otherwise, I would appreciate it.
Of course, off-list responses are OK. Apologies for the off-topic
post.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.