[Asterisk-Users] RE: [OT] Sparco Office Supplies... (yeah right)

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Wed Oct 27 09:31:26 MST 2004

> Come on, this guy accomplished exactly what he wanted to... He got everyone
> going to Google and searching for Sparco...
>
> Don't buy in... just press delete and move on.

Why be so rough?  Sometimes finding information about a manufacturer can be
a real pain.  Heck, sometimes we have problems locating a customer's actual
corporate information, knowing the state and at least one variation.  What
real advantage is there to him to have people looking for Sparco-but-not-
his-Sparco?

Anyways, this appears to be "Sparco Products", selling a variety of lines.

I happened to notice that Office Depot sells some of their stuff, such as
http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?id=551460&level=SK
so one technique might be to ramble on down to the local store and see if
you can find one, and see if it lists a state.  Then you can search the
business records for that state.

No stock symbol.

D&B lists 30 "Sparco"'s nationally.  You could try calling the likely
ones.

I did find a few clues that suggested California, which leads us to
http://kepler.ss.ca.gov/corpdata/ShowAllList?QueryCorpNumber=C1179776
and that would be generally consistent, possibly some container importer.

Failing that, have your lawyer run a search.  Or pay a company with access
to those sorts of databases (the business equivalent of a "people search"
type thing): http://www.search-ndr.com/ShowSearches.asp?goTo=4  for ex.
You can pretty much dredge up lots of references to any legitimate company.

... JG