[Asterisk-Users] RTP port mismatch and Astwind card support

Olivier O_olivier at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 27 06:35:36 MST 2004

Hello,

I have been rattling my brain and searching the mailing list for 1 week
before posting.

I am faced with the following challenge.

When using Xlite, all works well.
When using * there is no voice either way upon off-hook or even when
redirected to voice mail(problem occurs with any VOIP provider).
Ethereal trace indicates, upon incoming call, a request from the VOIP
provider with all codecs imaginable then a request from * to the
registered x-ten lite (configured as the receiving extension with
silence set to transmit) with only the G -723 codec. Then a request from
* to Xlite for audio over RTP 8552 and then an ok from X-lite to * for
audio over RTP 8000.

Configuration follows: ADSL direct connection to Win XP-SP2 box running
Astwind, all correct ports are opened in the ICS/ICF firewalll and
forwarded to the * IP. X lite registers correctly and internal calls to
Voice mail are fine. sip.conf is very simple and follows X-lite sample
config file. Nat is set to yes, canreinvite to no. rtp.conf states that
rtp traffic starts at 8000 ends at 65000.

Any clue why I cannot receive/transmit voice at all via * while the
Xlite works fine directly to the VOIP provider?

Regarding Astwind, does anybody know if it supports a chipset modem 537
from intel as a card?

Thanks.