[Asterisk-Users] Re: Zaptel FXO channel picked up too early => no audio

LJ LJ.Shields at verizon.net
Tue Oct 26 23:56:51 MST 2004

I had a similar problem once but on inbound PRI channels.  If I answered the
call and tried to playback a sound file it was as if there was no speech
path.  You could see on the console that the playback was taking place, but
never hear any audio on the channel, and then it would finally timeout and
disconnect.  If instead of answer and playback, I sent the call to a SIP
station you could answer the ringing terminal and have normal two-way speech
path.  It drove me nuts for several days.

How I ended up fixing the problem was by running /sbin/ztcfg (for a second
time), unload asterisk and then restart asterisk and/or reboot.  That fixed
the problem for me and I have not seen it occur since.

in message news:10913b9f0410261850494af73c at mail.gmail.com...