[Asterisk-Users] Performance (Cisco AS5350) or Price (WildcardTE410P)

William Boehlke William.Boehlke at signate.com
Tue Oct 26 18:48:08 MST 2004

You don't need to spend anything approaching $40,000 to use a Cisco router
for four PRIs.

In your evaluation, consider also that the router is more reliable, has a
worldwide service organization behind it, and let's a single PBX handle many
more calls when it's relieved of transcoding (put voicemail on a separate
cluster and one server will handle over 10,000 SIP calls).

Many people look at initial purchase price instead of TCO. As you know, it's
very expensive to lose 46 calls when a PC fails.

We prefer not to put more than one T1 in a PC with a card and if we use two
we use separate cards for each T1. Once you architect that way, the router
approach costs about the same at four or more PRIs as I recall the numbers.

William Boehlke
Signate