[Asterisk-Users] Agents allowed to transfer but * just hangs up!

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Tue Oct 26 15:46:47 MST 2004

--On Monday, October 25, 2004 20:58 -0400 Robert Jackson
<RobertJ at promedicalinc.com> wrote:

> We had a similar problem using AgentCallBackLogin.  We were
> specifying a context to AgentCallbackLogin and that context
> only had extensions defined for the agents' extensions.
> Since * uses the current context for transfers this can be a
> problem.  The solution to all of this was to
> SetVar(TRANSFER_CONTEXT=<context that can transfer>) before
> you call Dial(<device>,20,t).  Then * uses the context that
> you specified to use for transfers.

Hmmm alright, that's something to go on anyway.  In the meantime I've
disabled all the agent stuff, and have begun to 'reimplement' it using
dialplan logic to dynamically configure the queues and also remove people
on timeout and such.  going to be a bit of work, but atleast i'll know
it'll work.

We still had a number of issues with chan_agent apparently deadlocking,
I'll have to investigate that seperately, but I haven't been able to
reproduce it yet.