[Asterisk-Users] X100P noise on ADSL line.

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Tue Oct 26 06:12:02 MST 2004

Without getting too technical (because I can't), I have a similar
configuration here without any problems.  X100P connected to a POTS line
which I only kept to carry ADSL.  This allows me to dial 911.  However,
what may be unusual is the filter/splitter the ADSL installer left for
me to use: It installs in the demarq box, so coming into the house I
have two pairs, one for DSL, one for POTS.  Both lines run UTP to the
wiring closet in the basement, then more UTP to the office on the second
floor.  DSL is terminated into a Speedstream 5861 Router (sliced bread,
move over).