[Asterisk-Users] Auto-Login/Auto Answer

Michael at Matraex.com Michael at Matraex.com
Mon Oct 25 13:30:34 MST 2004

I am looking for a hardware solution which will allow a phone to open a
connection (initiate a call) into the asterisk phone system without any
interaction from the phone operator.

Some of the ideas I have thought of so far but I need hardware
suggestions on are:

    Get a VoIP phone with autoanswer and have asterisk dial the phone
and the phone automatically picks up.
    Get a Analog Phone with an ATA adapter that does the same thing
    Plug a headset directly into an FXS port on the asterisk box and
then do not provide dial tone from the FXS (is this even possible)
    Find a phone that can be programmed to automatically login to a
queue all the time (24/7) any time it is rebooted or disconnected from a
call.

Any suggestions?  How has anyone done this in the past where the
operator never touches the phone itself just has a headset?

Thanks

Michael Blood