[Asterisk-Users] Can home/office have same extension

Wilson Pickett wilson.pickett at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 11:56:51 MST 2004

> > would like calls to their extension routed to whichever phone is appropriate
> > based on their location.

There are several recipes for "follow me" extensions. I have a couple
set up but I never remember to notify the pbx. Usually the user, upon
arrival dial (for example) *356 and the system makes a note that
anyone calling ext 356 should ring the phone thuser called in from.
You can store the caller's channel info (SIP/2002) in the asterisk
database under a  name like "forward/356". When a call comes for 356
you look up forward/356 and ring that.

hth