[Asterisk-Users] Can home/office have same extension

Doug Dust doug at oceana.com
Mon Oct 25 11:00:20 MST 2004

I've been asked to evaluate * for use in a small office environment.  I have
setup a test system and used softphones with some success.  Before I go
ahead and reinvent the wheel I was hoping to get some guidance with the
following scenario;

Users would like to have a physical phone at home and at the office.  They
would like calls to their extension routed to whichever phone is appropriate
based on their location.

I toyed with the idea of ringing both phones ala;
	exten => 123,1,Dial(SIP/123OfficePhone&SIP/123HomePhone)
but the users didn't seem to keen on both phones ringing all the time.

Any suggestions on how to best implement this?

I'm not real familiar with the hardware phones, so I apologize if this is
something easily handled by most physical devices.

Doug