[Asterisk-Users] Iaxy authentication

Me mylist at lightwavetech.com
Sun Oct 24 13:24:02 MST 2004

Hello, working on trying to get the Iaxy setup from behind a NAT.

I have done everything the way I think it should be done but I can't seem to
get dial tone and each time the device trys to register with * I get this
message on the console:

*******
Oct 24 15:15:11 NOTICE[131080]: chan_iax2.c:3865 register_verify: No
registration for peer '100' (from <MyIPwasHere>)
*******

Each time I actually pickup the phone connected to the Iaxy I get this:

******
Oct 24 15:16:55 NOTICE[131080]: chan_iax2.c:5390 socket_read: Rejected
connect attempt from 67.166.254.124
******

Seems that the authentication is not working..

I have set the user: and pass: fields in the iaxy_ext.conf which is fed into
the iaxy and set the "accountcode:" in iax.conf to be the same as the
"user:" field in the file that is fed into the Iaxy, is that correct or does
the username go somewhere else. I have set the "secret:" the same as the
"password:" field in the file that's fed into the iaxy.

What have I missed here, I have dug and looked in the Wiki, Google, Digium
site, list archives and there does not appear to be all that much
documentation that I can find on setting this device up.

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks,
Todd

--