[Asterisk-Users] Fedora 2, Kudzu and X100P

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Sun Oct 24 08:15:16 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 05:10, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> One obvious solution is not to automatically load kudzu.
>
>   chkconfig --remove kudzu
>
> Another obvious solution of the same sort is modprobing the zaptel
> module earlier in the boot process.
>
> I can't seem to figure out , though, where kudzu takes its modue names
> from. I haven't bothred reading th source yet, though (not from
> /usr/share/hwdata, it seems)

	The problem is that once Kudzu runs it configures linux to always load
the incorrect module for the card.  I have already erased kudzu from the
server, recompiled Zaptel and modified modules.dep by hand but if any
application runs a depmod -a the configuration for the other module
returns.  If I do a "modprobe zaptel" it will always load the other
module.

--
Carlos Chávez
Director de Tecnología