[Asterisk-Users] Fedora 2, Kudzu and X100P

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at technion.ac.il
Sun Oct 24 03:10:35 MST 2004

On Sat, Oct 23, 2004 at 09:29:00PM -0500, Carlos Chavez wrote:
>      I am installing a new * server using Fedora Core 2 but I ran into a
> problem after I installed the X100P.  When FC2 boots it runs KUDZU to detect
> new hardware and it detected the card and insists on loading the module
> "crc_ccitt" before the zaptel module.  Because of this I cannot load the wcfxo
> module without the computer crashing.  I have already erase the entry in
> /etc/sysconfig/hwconf and turned kudzu off during boot.
>
>      Anyone know of a way to fix this (short or reinstalling FC2)?

One obvious solution is not to automatically load kudzu.

  chkconfig --remove kudzu

Another obvious solution of the same sort is modprobing the zaptel
module earlier in the boot process.

I can't seem to figure out , though, where kudzu takes its modue names
from. I haven't bothred reading th source yet, though (not from
/usr/share/hwdata, it seems)

--
mailto:tzafrir at technion.ac.il       +---------------------------+