[Asterisk-Users] Digium TheVoice recordings' sound terrible

Brian Roy mister.roy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 06:24:59 MST 2004

> However, the format the customer ordered was WAV, whereas all the
> included recordings are of course GSM. Has anybody had similar
> experiences? I tried to convert the WAV files to GSM using sox but
> since I don't know what parameters are best in this case, the results
> weren't satisfactory. Any suggestions?

Benjamin,

Don't know if this helps you or not, but this is taken right from
Jtodd's wiki page.

**my disclaimer** Might want to backup your sounds before doing this though.

#!/bin/sh
 tmpfile=/tmp/rescale$$.wav
 for i in *.wav; do
   scale=$(sox $i /tmp/foo.wav stat -v 2>&1)
   if [ $scale != "1.000" ]; then
     echo -n "Rescale $i..."
     cp $i $tmpfile
     sox $tmpfile -v $scale $i