[Asterisk-Users] Re: Apple YDL g729

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Sat Oct 23 18:06:12 MST 2004

Michael Loftis wrote:

> --On Saturday, October 23, 2004 19:39 -0500 Kristian Kielhofner
> <kris at krisk.org> wrote:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>>     This is probably a good time to ask if there is any planned
>> support for
>> a g729 binary for YDL and G3/G4, etc.  I would love to start playing with
>> apple hardware, YDL, and asterisk.  But I need that binary!
>

> Hummm, can't compile your own?  And anyway please don't coopt others
> threads.  It's FAR better to start a totally new thread on your subject,
> this ensures it gets read by more people, and that you get a better
> response to your question(s).

Sorry,

	I felt that it was relevant seeing as many people swear up and down
that you don't get any funky motherboard - zaptel issues with apple
hardware.  I don't know if you have ever used Digium's g729, but there
are processor specific binaries and registration programs that just will
not work with power pc.  Maybe some kind of emulation, but that probably
outweighs using ppc hardware in the first place...

--
Kristian Kielhofner