[Asterisk-Users] Support for reception of "send url" in SIP clients needed

jb at v2tel.com jb at v2tel.com
Sat Oct 23 08:54:27 MST 2004

I would like to let asterisk send an URL to a PC based softphone or a PC based
message client. This would allow for many great applications such as automatic
client data lookup. Or for technical client support. It is a must for many
types of customer support centers.

I understand that the "send url" application can do the job seen from the
asterisk side.

But I have not been able to find a PC client which is able to handle reception
of the url and the subsequent opening of it in the specified browser.

It looks as if Nortel has two products capable of this, but I have not tested
them yet.

I would like to know if anybody has experience about available PC clients
supporting this feature.

Jon Bruel
Denmark