[Asterisk-Users] Cheap hosted servers and Asterisk

Scott Laird scott at sigkill.org
Sat Oct 23 09:37:05 MST 2004

Does anyone have any experience with running Asterisk on dedicated
servers from any of the cheap hosting providers, like 1&1?

I'd like to get my asterisk/mail/web server out of my house.  There
isn't a whole lot of traffic involved, but I'd rather not end up with
someplace that *utterly* oversubscribes their bandwidth--it needs to
work with Asterisk, not just TCP-based services.  I can find a number
of providers that have listings for $50-$60/month (that's actually a
net win over my current DSL bill), but I don't have experience with any
of them.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Scott