[Asterisk-Users] Fw: SPA-3000 Disconnect tone detection in France?

Sat Oct 23 07:39:28 MST 2004

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:06:15 +0200, Yves-Marie CRABBE <ymcr at free.fr> wrote:
> Thanks a lot, I tried, the string for the busy tone (from Voxzilla) is :
> 440 at -20;10(.5/.5/1)
> I also tried with 440 at -20;4(.5/.5/1) for a shorter detection delay (my pstn
> provider
> doesn't play the tone for 10 seconds). It still doesn't work.
>
> The sipura support told me before that the frequency must be in 2 parts and
> suggested a
> detection string like this : 440 at -30,440 at -30;2(.5/.5/1+2)
> I tried many combinations, never worked :(

Sorry to hear that. Is this on a France Telecom line?

I too have a problem with the SPA-3000 here in Japan on an NTT line as
it is unable to recognise incoming calls, outgoing works just fine,
though, including disconnect supervision. So, if it turns out that the
SPA-3000 cannot detect a buzy tone in France, that makes two major G7
countries where the device cannot really be used.

I don't think Sipura have yet discovered that there is life outside
the US. To be fair, the SPA-3000 is a very recent addition to their
product portfolio, so the situation will probably improve over the
next six months or so,

> I'm also still waiting for an answer from the Sipura support.

In my experience, they do eventually get back, but it can take quite a
while, you have to be patient. Looks like they are very very busy.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.