[Asterisk-Users] first tries !

Soren Rathje asterisk at lolle.org
Fri Oct 22 00:27:04 MST 2004

raptor at tvskat.net wrote:
> hmm... now tring.. somone to know how can I redirect the output of
> the "sip debug" into file 'cause it is really hard to grasp (several
> pages is just one call)

Try this..

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+debugging

<QUOTE>

If you are having problems catching intermittent problems on your system,
consider adding more information to the Asterisk message log. If you look in
logger.conf you will see something like:
 messages => notice,warning,error
consider changing this to:
 messages => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose
(for short periods of time anyway — it can really eat disk space). Note also
(AFAIK) you will need to restart Asterisk to get this change to take effect
(reload doesn't do it)

If you really want to see what's going on under the hood you can:

Edit /etc/asterisk/logger.conf to include:
 debug => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose

Then start Asterisk using:
 /usr/sbin/asterisk -vvvvvv -g  -dddddd -c

</QUOTE>

/Soren