[Asterisk-Users] Digium Wildcard T1 Compatibility

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Oct 21 14:58:14 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 15:49 -0600, Daniel Daley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a quick question about the T100P. I've used the card before in a
> PRI setup and it worked great. I'm now trying to figure out a setup for
> another company that gets services from Verizon. They offer what they
> call a flexgrow T1 where they say the voice lines are delivered as just
> standard POTS channels. Will the wildcard handle this kind of T1 or is
> that something you would need to break out into separate lines and go
> into POTS cards?

Sounds like you need to ask Verizon as to how they deliver the lines and
how where they consider the dmarc. If it is just a chanelized T1, then
it will work fine with a T100P if they consider the dmarc to be the T1
cable. It is also possible for the line to be terminated by a
channelbank provided by Verizon and it would then drop analog ports to a
punchdown block that would be the dmarc.