[Asterisk-Users] modem question

Thu Oct 21 11:32:23 MST 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 20:06:57 +0200, Christophe De Coninck
<catchall at zarekk.be> wrote:
>  All i can find is this:
>  Protocols & Specifications [SNIP]

None of that tells you anything about the chipset. You may want to
contact the manufacturer and ask. But to be honest, I doubt that the
USR modem uses the MD3200 chipset.

>  and I don't really see the use of investing more then 100$ for just
> testing/playing with asterisk. If it really comes in handy I would buy a
> wildcard or other good card.

Fair enough. I didn't mean to lecture you. My point was only that
support costs money and that "expensive" is always relative to your
needs. I am not blaming anybody for buying cheap fax modems and use
them as Zaptel FXO cards, but I am not blaming Digium either for their
decision to bundle otherwise available electronics equipment with
support. I think it is a fair value offer. Nobody is forced to take
that offer, but the offer is there and it is good that it is there.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.