[Asterisk-Users] answer on # key?

Matthew Simpson matthew at txlink.net
Thu Oct 21 10:47:15 MST 2004

I thought I read somewhere on the Wiki that one could give Dial() an
argument that would first dial the extension, but not bridge the connection
until the called party hit the "#" key.  It must have been during one of
those late night coding sessions because now I can't find anything to do
with that other than options to allow hangup of the call by hitting "*".

Does such an option exist?

If not, is anyone using a Macro to do that?

I have a system that attempts to do a Dial out to a cell phone number with a
15 second timer as a find me type of application.  If the cell phone is off
or out of range, the 15 seconds of ring time isn't reached and the caller
gets connected to the cell phone's voicemail instead of the Asterisk
voicemail like I want.  Having the # to connect option would fix this
problem.