[Asterisk-Users] Tranferring UniCall lines

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed Oct 20 16:32:31 MST 2004

Guillermo Freige wrote:

> Steve:
> This means the only way to use Transfer (or Hook and DTMFSend) in a E1
> is using it as a channel bank trunk using FXO signaling?. I really
> need to free those channels.

FXO signaling cannot reroute the call. You are relying on * to do that
work, as an extension of the usual capabilities of FXO signaling. If
your channel bank were connected directly to the PSTN it would have the
same limitations as your MFC/R2 setup.

> I'm glad the outgoing problem will be solved soon. If Transfer don't
> work, it's the only way to call the operator via a second channel.

An operator could take control of the call and reroute it, but I'm not
sure how you would alert the operator and get them involved. You say you
are using MFC/R2 with a PBX, rather than the PSTN. The PBX might be able
to offer you some help, if it supports call control by DTMF recall. An
MFC/R2 connection to the PSTN would definitely not. I've never used
Merdians with R2, so I have no idea of their capabilities.

> BTW, I'm in Argentina using the local R2 variant against a Meridian 1
> Option 11C via a DTI2 card,  Asterisk is using a 410P card in E1 mode.

Thanks. That's another data point I have about what works, and what does
not. :-)

Regards,
Steve