[Asterisk-Users] Newbie with new Project VOIp

Wed Oct 20 12:58:48 MST 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 19:26:12 +0000, Edwin Quijada
<listas_quijada at hotmail.com> wrote:
> 1-Using * can integrate VOIP phone with analog phone and what that I need?

analog telephone adapter (ATA) or PCI interface card with FXS ports

> 2-Which VOIP phones Can I use with *?

almost any phone that speaks any of the protocols and codecs Asterisk supports

> 3-I can call from a VOIP phone to analog phone localy in my company and
> viceversa, what that I need to do that?

analog phone, IP phone, ATA or FXS port, Ethernet LAN, hub, Asterisk server

> 4-* support SIP protocol besides H.323?

yes

> 5-What about the performance using this?

depends on the hardware and codecs you use

> 6-What points I must take a count to use thisn product?

which ISDN product?

> 7.

Er, probably yes, but not sure.

> 8-If I use * I dont need any hardware to communicate with Phone, except the
> phone , of course.?

LAN and/or phone wiring and an Asterisk server would also be helpful

> I am  a newbie in this but I have a few years working with Linux -Any ideas
> , cluees will be appreciate.

Sure, read the Wiki at http://www.voip-info.org

rgds
benjk