[Asterisk-Users] Re: cannot call Grandstream

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Wed Oct 20 11:59:22 MST 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 01:46:01PM -0400, Stephen R. Besch wrote:

> I have never been able to get the Grandstream to register reliably -
> with any version of the firmware.

So you mean you don't use the Grandstreams, then?

> It sounds like in your test with the
> fixed IP, you left the registration option on the phone set to yes. With
> a fixed IP and host=IP address, I am pretty sure that you must turn off
> registration on the phone.

Yes, I did that at first, but then I turned it off and reset the phone.  I
might try it again, though.

> It's useless anyway with fixed IP and just
> reduces reliability (as you have discovered the hard way).

> Asterisk
> periodically sends polling packets to the phone, so it will know when it
> is reachable and when it is not. And, the phone will still authenticate
> against the password, so this should not lower security at all.

Yes, the phone is fine for outgoing calls, but we need incoming...  I think
it's in one of those polling attempts that the phone stops responding.  I may
or may not get an answer from it and I cannot call it. :(

Thanks for your reply!

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.