[Asterisk-Users] i extension

Wed Oct 20 10:58:21 MST 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:58:10 -0500, Eric Wieling <eric at fnords.org> wrote:
> It does not appear to work for calls from Zap FXS ports but that's the
> only time I've noticed that it doesn't work.

I don't know about Zap FXS ports, because I haven't got any, but I can
tell you that none of the registered SIP clients will be sent to the i
extension when they dial a non-matching number.

All of those SIP clients are assigned the context in which the i
extension is placed.

However, the same i extension copy-pasted into the incoming context
where Background(welcome-msg) allows a caller to dial an extension
will indeed send the caller into the i extension if a non-matching
extension is dialled during the invocation of Background().

Consequently, I am suspecting that this is only meant to work from
within the scope of a Backround() invocation.

But then, you seem to be saying that it works for you with anything
but Zap FXS connected devices calling in, which means both the above
scenarios should work for you (with SIP clients) -- not just the
second scenario, but the first as well. Is that so?

This seems to be one of those things which the more you dig into the
more questions it will raise.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.