[Asterisk-Users] ASTCC newbie

Nahuel Alejandro Ramos nahuelon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 10:36:50 MST 2004

Hi everyone,
  I am looking for a prepaid billing solution for my VoIP. I have
already install SER but it does not support a statefull tracking of
the call, so it is dificult to hang up a call when it has zero credit.
Posting messages on Serusers maillist there are a lot of people
telling me to use Asterisk as the billing "station".
  Now i am using Asterisk and all is perfect (sip register, voicemail,
etc) but I have not yet implemented the prepaid billing application.
Someone recomend me to use ASTCC and I install it without problems but
I do not know how to make it work with Asterisk.
  Please, could you send me some help or some configurations files.
  - Do I have to compile Asterisk with the MYSQL_FRIENDS=1 to support a MySQL?
  - Could I use plain text config files if I compile Asterisk with
MYSQL_FRIENDS=1?
  - How can I configure extension.conf and sip.conf to use ASTCC?
  - How ASTCC control the calls? How does it hang up when they have no credit?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

            Nahuel Ramos.