[Asterisk-Users] Running as non-root user ( was: Vmail.cgi Bahhh!!)

Justin justin at vergeworks.com
Wed Oct 20 10:36:17 MST 2004

Hi Kristian,

It is great that this documentation is out there, and that *
supports this. However I think in an ideal world this would be inherently
supported by * and ideally setup via config file like with apache:

User www
Group www

Or some other equivalent method. My problem with the existing approach is
that when things change I have to remember to modify my Makefile, and
figure out what newly added files/directories need permission changes.

That being said I'm no professional sysadmin so maybe I'm missing the
boat here.

- Justin