AW: [Asterisk-Users] Follow me using a loop

Pascal C. Kocher pascal.kocher at netbeat.biz
Wed Oct 20 02:38:32 MST 2004

Hello

> Drop the third line.
> exten => 31xxxxxxx,3,Goto(31xxxxxxx,1)
>
> 31xxxxxxx,2,Dial(IAX2/pascal at pascal&CAPI/31xxxxxxx:079xxxxxxx,120,mgh)
>
> [context-Follow_me]
> exten => 31xxxxxxx,1,Wait(1)
> exten =>
> 31xxxxxxx,2,Dial(IAX2/pascal at pascal&CAPI/31xxxxxxx:079xxxxxxx,120,mgh)
>
> exten => i,1,hangup	; dialed an invalid number
> exten => t,1,hangup	; timeout

By dropping the 3rd line the call does not reconnect if I (as callee)
hangup the line, after the timeout the caller gets disconnected.

What I am trying to achieve is what other vendors are calling "mobile
extension". Picking up the call on any device talking to the caller,
hanging up the line and taking it (the same call) at the mobile phone to
be able to walk away.

All this works fine, even with moh for the caller while the call ist
established again, but the problem is, that I (as callee) am unable to
hangup the line. Which means, as long the caller stays on the line, the
phones will keep ringing.

I tried also to use any key (# or *) to hangup the call, but it seems
not to dial the hangup extension.

Maybe I'm just trying to achieve something weird.

Best regards,
Pascal.