[Asterisk-Users] Sipura or X100P Option

Jim Van Meggelen jim at digitalchemy.ca
Wed Oct 20 00:56:43 MST 2004

The TDM400 improves on the X100P in every way. Also, because the
channels are nearly identical in the way they relate to the system, you
won't have to make many changes to your dialplan to implement it.
Running an external FXO interface (which will need to run over an IP
link) may deliver results you weren't anticipating (echo is one that
comes to mind). I'd say the TDM400 would be the thing to implement,
although I would also mention that the Sipura is very well regarded
product.

Purchase a TDM04B bundle and you'll have your three lines, plus a fourth
for future growth. You can order a TDM03B to and possibly save $80, but
the sage advise is to get the hardware installed and then don't mess
with it - fully provision the card when you install it and you'll never
have to touch it again.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Jim.