[Asterisk-Users] Comments on proposed * setup

el Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Tue Oct 19 20:38:52 MST 2004

Hi all,

Just wanted to see what you guys have to say about the setup we're
planning to install - 16 incoming POTS lines, 50 extensions. As it is,
I've got two options:

1) Lots of ATAs
1 x * server
4 x TDM04B for 16 incoming lines (can't do fractional E1 - client's
requirements)
25 x Sipura SPA-2000 connected to a total of 50 analog phones

2) Channel banks
2 x * servers (due to PCI slot limitations...)
4 x TDM04B (as above)
2 x T100P
2 x 24-port channel bank
1 x Sipura SPA-2000 connected to 2 analog phones

Option #1 is cheaper but (i suppose) more hassles in terms of SIP.conf,
wall warts etc.

Option #2 is more expensive (for me anyways) but more manageable (?) I'm
leaning more towards this but am concerned about costs.

Anyone can provide hints, suggestions, comments as to why I would choose
one option over the other? I _can't_ do anything about costs, due to
certain licensing and legal issues here in my country, so suggestions
like "buy 'em from eBay and save cost" won't do any good :)

cheers,
flynn