[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on a mid-sized flat corporate network?

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Tue Oct 19 12:34:52 MST 2004

Hello, all.  I'm thinking of installing Asterisk at my company, and
someone asked if our current network might not have some issues.  I
don't think so, but I'd like a vote of confidence to be sure.  Our
network has a gigabit switch, with 6 100 Mbit switches plugged into it,
and roughly 150 ethernet connections of one sort or another.  It's also
flat: no routing happening at all inside the company.  Without
installing QoS, would this network be able to offer -- with reasonable
reliability -- good quality internal calls?  [I'm not worried about
external, as that'll be POTS entirely.]

Thanks!

-Ken D'Ambrosio